To be the best at Outsmarted takes a unique blend of knowledge, quick thinking, logic and nerve. Here are some good tips for game strategy:
- Focus. A lot of questions are designed to leave you with no time to think. Complete focus is needed from the first second of the countdown to give you the best possible chance.
- Know when to use an assist. If you go out all guns blazing with your assists, you won’t have any in reserve for the crucial ring questions. Likewise, if a question comes with a significant surprise bonus, it’s often worth using an assist or two to nail that question and grab the bonus.
- Stay goal oriented. For example, when playing a fixed time-length game of 60 minutes and there is a tie for first place, the winner could be decided by the number of assists each player has remaining when the time is up. So conserve your assists in a fixed-time match - unless you’re going all in on a ring question.
- Make quick decisions. Quite often it’s clear that one or two possible answers are definitely wrong. When under pressure, quick decisions to eliminate these is often the difference between winning and losing.
- Plot your path. Going for your strongest categories can be a good idea in a fixed time game of 30 or 60 minutes. And if possible, memorise the 'roll again' opportunities so you don't miss them.
& One final tip - Try not to be Outsmarted!